NOVICA, in association with National Geographic, works together with talented artisan designers around the world to produce stunning, keepsake treasures. Our mantra is to spread global happiness, so rest assured - we'll do everything we possibly can to ensure you're happy customer.About this item: Possessing sophisticated vibe, this adjustable belt from Brazil is handcrafted with upcycled soda pop-tops that are painted in copper and black shades. Making case for ecological preservation. Neide Ambrosio designs the fashionable belt, creating chain mail pattern crocheted together with black polyester thread. A black buckle completes the design. Max length: 45. L Width: 1. W • Adjustable • Closes with buckle • Hand-crafted item -- color, size and/or motif may vary slightly • Promotes recycling and reduces wasteAbout our Artist: When she retired, Neide Ambrosio moved to Rio de Janeiro in search of better career opportunities for her husband, singer. 'One day I saw woman making belts with recycled objects. She offered to teach me how to crochet using recycled objects. I decided to use soda can tops, so I started going up and down the beach and city streets collecting them. I took my bags to the beach, and started selling them there. I am now in position to offer employment to many young girls from the favelas.'...
• Authentic: an original NOVICA fair trade product in association with National Geographic.
• Certified: comes with an official NOVICA Story Card certifying quality & authenticity.
• NOVICA works with Neide Ambrosio to craft this item.
• Exceptional Quality: crafted with care to be treasured as keepsake for many years to come.
• Product info: Recycled aluminum pop-tops, polyester, brass buckle