The Merrell Azura GORE-TEX Women's Walking Shoe's mesh upper is straddled by a series of nubuck and suede overlays to deliver a platform that is simultaneously breathable, robust and fully waterproof. A GORE-TEX® Performance Comfort footwear lining sits beneath this exterior membrane and supplements the shoe's already notable imperviousness to water. A bellows tongue prevents mud and other detritus from infiltrating the upper whilst M-Select Fresh odour control quells the spread of odour carrying bacteria to encourage a fresher internal environment. The shoe's principal cushioning ability is afforded by Merrell air cushion in the heel that absorbs shockwaves from the heelstrike phase; a polyurethane midsole unit attenuates shockwaves further and accommodates a smooth transition to the toe off phase of the gait. A butterfly TPU arch shank adds torsional midfoot stability and prevents the shoe from warping between the rear and forefoot sections, whilst an aggressively appointed outsole, boasting a series of 4mm lugs, bites into pliable trail terrain and generates consistent, reliable traction.
• Nubuck/Suede/Mesh Upper - Each material lends the shoe a distinct, individual quality, with the nubuck offering a premium finish, the suede a durable resistance to water and the mesh an inherently breathable quality.
• GORE-TEX® Performance Comfort Footwear Lining - Sits beneath the exterior membrane and furnishes the shoe with a formidable imperviousness to water.
• Welded TPU Film - Protects the shoe without adding bulk.
• Bellows Tongue - Prevents debris from infiltrating the shoe.
• M-Select Fresh Odour Control - Works in concert with the breathable mesh exterior to allow air to permeate the shoe and prevent odour carrying bacteria from spreading.