This once hoops shoe was named after Air Force One-the aircraft that carries the U.S. President. In 1982, it was the first basketball shoe to house Nike Air, revolutionizing the game while rapidly gaining traction around the world, from the hardwood, to the blacktop, to the core of hip-hop culture. Today, the Air Force 1 stays true to its roots with soft, springy cushioning, but the Nike Air technology takes backseat to the shoe's status as an icon.
• Premium leather forefoot and overlays.
• Foam midsole with Nike Air cushioning for comfort.
• Rubber outsole for traction and durability.
• Standard laces, an ankle strap and dual-zipper heel work together as dynamic closure system.
• The heel and tongue are made with ballistic nylon material. This makes the shoe durable and flexible and gives it look inspired by military field boots.